TIPS FOR STOPPING FOOD CRAVINGS!
February 1, 2018
Carrington Medical Spa is dedicated to helping you live a healthy lifestyle! One way to start your healthy life is to stop food cravings.
A craving is a hankering for a specific food, usually the type that is not part of your healthy eating plan. When you crave foods, your brain generates vivid images of those foods, reinforcing the craving and making it more powerful.
Below are 6 great tips for stopping your food cravings!
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. Sometimes your body mistakes thirst for hunger. Pro tip: Add a slice of lemon for variety.
- BE PROACTIVE. Eat regularly and don’t let yourself get too hungry.
- KEEP HEALTHY SNACKS ON HAND. Healthy snacks are essential, especially when you are on the go.
- ALLOW YOURSELF TO GIVE INTO THE CRAVINGS FROM TIME TO TIME. Give in sometimes in a controlled portion so that you do not feel deprived.
- WHEN A CRAVING STRIKES, FOCUS ON SOMETHING ELSE. Go for a walk, meditate, read, etc.
- INDULGE A LITTLE. If your cravings are sweet, have a piece of dark chocolate or fruit.
When your cravings hit, write them down, and note how you handled them. This will help you better understand and control them!
WE HOPE THAT THESE TIPS WILL HELP YOU THE NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A CRAVING!